Task 1: Have the ability to take responsibility for own personal and professional development
1. 1 Reflect on own current skills and competencies since it manager against professional standards set by BCS such as SFIA plus or personal and professional development plan or similar and how you contribute towards as an individual employee of Aldi to meet their organizational objectives
During the meeting I discussed various ways to judge different standard skills. The employees should be reviewed every month by their superiors according to the business guidelines to focus on the improvement and fulfilling target set.
The professional ability standards can be used to judge the abilities and achievement of an individual combined with the regions of improvement to meet professional standard. A monthly appraisal cycle in written can be the easiest way to record the work done. Someone's working skills & ability can be set as an appropriate standard in professional and organizational.
1. 2 Evaluate own development needs as an IT manager at Aldi and the activities necessary to meet them
It is effective to keep an archive of learning to judge one's own development. It could be recorded in the non-public diary for past review to make future action plans. This process helps everyone to self analyze their strength and weakness. A self analysis is the ultimate way to know your own negative and positive side.
Proper interaction with your superiors can help you to develop your weak areas by seeking their advice. The Aldi Company's various level standards can be referred to form a concept to build up skills. The negative side can be focused and improved from the recommendations provided by training manager.
Task 2: Be able to demonstrate acquired interpersonal and transferable skills
2. 1 Communicate in a variety of styles such as verbal and non-verbal, openness and responsiveness and appropriate manner such as personal effectiveness, various levels such as form an operating with others at l feedback to and from colleagues and informal at Aldi.
Presently there are various methods at work for communication. The 1st is written communication which can be presented on the paper and can be stored for future reference. E-mail and fax are digital communications. It is generally used by Aldi company for better communication in work areas. The stored documents that are deleted in error can be utilized as testimonials.
The second the first is oral communication, it could be in person or by telephone and today in it market Skype is famous. It is usually used everywhere mostly in stock exchange where everyone can listen.
Meetings are an possibility to communicate face to face and it offers an better understanding to your superiors and colleagues. Any information given over phone can be misleading depending after the people who is answering the telephone and also after the telephone network. At workplace telephonic conference with hq or central office can save time and money of Aldi Company.
Third some may be it like e-mails, internet memos, and fax. It really is quick, cheaper and best way to share information within company.
2. 2 Demonstrate effective time management strategies such as adopted prioritizing workloads; setting work objectives; using time effectively; making and keeping appointments and reliable estimates of task time because of it manager role in Aldi.
Time keeping is the very best most elements for successful companies duly executed by an efficient employee. Time management depends after the next factors as under:
- Individual behavior and character
- Balance in personal and professional work life
- Companies approach towards individual
- Time saving and accuracy by using information technology
Time management personnel should prepare priority based work plans. Individual should be aware about the result of wasting time shall result in decrease in productivity which affect the revenue of the Aldi company and their job security also. Employee should prepare a checklist including all works and regular updating the same after completion of each work. Effective time setting as per the task may result in increased productivity with accuracy.
2. 3 Devise an individual and professional development plan includes such as current performance, future needs, SWOT predicated on determined needs as it manager.
Proper interaction with the superiors shall give the individual an chance to identify the difficulties. The individuals can obtain training to overcome from these difficulties through this technique.
Employees should be enrolled predicated on their required courses. A person might derive an action intend to prove management the benefit for the course as well as the way to achieve the needs. The goals should maintain action plan like the time frame along with steps to be taken care to attain the target set.
Identifying the needs a plan should be brought into action to take care of those objects. It really is must to say both the personal and professional improvement as because success in a single brings about success in others. The objective set must include individual needs and the time frame for achievement.
Every target has some certain process to meet the target occur a timely manner. Insufficient knowledge can be given importance before the frequent development can be ensured. A proper discussion with your colleagues and superiors can resolve the same. It offers overall flexibility on timely reported progress.
2. 4 Reflects on own development as an it manager at Aldi against original aims and objectives occur your personal and professional development plan
The learner can review their performance after their training sessions to guage the benefits associated with learning by self or by the assistance of tutor. The areas of improvement should be discussed during the review and change in the program set will be focused by the learner. An effective test can be conducted to determine the training of the candidates. The progress needs to be weighed against the target occur the action plan. Proper scale should be derived with the learning's to view the gaps if any remains.
Based on the training it is necessary to identify and change those areas which are still in have to be concerted on. The adjusted plan provides the way of achievement and time frame also. The action plan must be viewed on regular interval to see the improvement. Planning and reviewing is a continuing lifetime process which help to judge the own capacity and develop self consciousness.
Task 3: Understand the dynamics of dealing with others
3. 1 Analyze team dynamics such as informal and formal settings; discussing the roles people play in a team specialist roles, such as skill and style/approach mixes and how they could work together such as team building, identity, loyalty and commitment to shared beliefs to attain shared goals in Aldi
Every employee depends after someone to perform his / her work perfectly. Other employees also have similar work knowledge and willing to work on your position. This is not essential to demand for your work. Your household members depend after the salary provided by the Aldi Company against your working. This should always be in your mind to limit your behaviours not and then save your valuable job also for your task satisfaction.
This is necessary in each and every level of work where you should work as a team to be productive. You should always depend after the working team to achieve the target set. You should always prepare yourself to help your working team from your projects contribution to meet up with the target.
There are some situations where you shall have to work with no team members to share your work. This example usually arises at the top level, which forms part of a working team. Working as successful teams help the company to meet their target set. Together with a team, a worker can be much more productive such as the Aldi Company.
3. 2 Discusses alternative ways to complete tasks such as setting standards, motivating, impressive and responsive and achieve team goals in Aldi
For better result team work is more important in a business, where everyone is responsible for an organization success. The swot analysis is derived to increase the productivity and achievement of the set target.
Effort of each individual is accounted in the team work. Members involved with team need to incorporate their efforts to attain the company goals. This needs to be recognized by the most notable management and acknowledge that great things can happen with the team work. Every employee is unique and should be recognized and appreciated individually.
- Good teams are very much responsive and flexible to opportunities and client requirement.
- Responsive teams may easily handles any unknown situation.
- responsiveness is encouraged by:
- Developing plans according to the prevailing situation
- Issues to be communicated very clear
- Developing hindrance and issue resolution process
- Better team work results more innovation
- Teams must have quality standard, time frame and creative innovation to improve processes.
- Experience and ideas of seniors within any team should be taken which doing team work.
- Every employee should be free to provide his ground breaking ideas and be introduced to the brainstorming sessions.
Team work identifies that each members have different strength and knowledge. If the very best management judge the individual's skill, then appropriate job allocation can be done based on the individual knowledge results timely completion of goals.
Task 4: Have the ability to develop approaches for problem solving
4. 1 Review tools and methods such as timescale, stages, resources and critical path analysis for developing answers to problems in the selected organization
One presentation is requested by the hr manager of Aldi Company on various problems. In this particular presentation one document will be paid the audience i. e. quiz. The quiz will contain ten questions with work based problems. Candidates need to answer by selecting one of the four available alternatives.
The prospects need to answer the quiz with their finest solution. The individuals who will answer maximum will be rewarded with a prize. One example of the quiz is, if an employee has a dinner conference at a graduate bureau suddenly an emergency meeting arranged with the superior. For this four options will be available. After marking the correct answers learners can discuss the answer. They get an chance to deal with the various situations within an interactive way.
4. 2 Develop a proper strategy for resolving a specific problem such as duplication of records in hr department in Aldi
Good analyzer uses different techniques and tricks to resolve problems. Before utilizing it analyzer must remember as below:
- Take time to reach to solutions
- Don't make it fast to decide
- Don't give up
- Be flexible to each and every character
- Try it to the extent
To reach the perfect solution is you need to follow the next steps:
- Observation of the problem
- Try to comprehend the bottom of problems
- Don't use the extra details available
- Make a plan
- Go through the plan with care
- Check your attempts carefully
- If solution does come then try another option
The best way to solve the problems is to draw a diagram and feel the same. Just take one example of just how many diagonals a heptagon has. To overcome this you should draw a heptagon along with the diagonals. If it generally does not work then go for the learning from your errors strategy which everybody uses as issues solving strategy. With this you will attempt one answer if the same is not appropriate you can test another. And will stop after locating the correct answer. That is good when few email address details are available.
4. 3 Measure the potential effect on the business measurement of solution against specification and desired outcomes implementing the strategy such as built a new hr system in Aldi.
Implementation includes proper planning and preparation. You have to know that what situation will arise if first step is taken. Planning always depends after the action plan followed by the situation. Action plan consists:
- Who will do that
- When as well as how to do that
In size planning depends after how big is projects. If you want to implement any new thing, needs good support from top management otherwise implementation can get collapsed. Through the planning and researching stage you will need to convince everyone that your solution is the better and it will work within the set frame. In this support will arise and based on inputs distributed by others make changes.
After making necessary changes your adjusted plan decide to make others convincing for your support. A proper monitoring is required to judge your proposed plan.
- Are the individuals now available who had been allocated to the tasks (Illness or holidays could prevent this)?
- Is the funds liquid/ready to be used?
- Are there some other complications that could interfere with the implementation?
- What alternatives could be applied?
- Did the first stage of the implementation go according to plan?
- If not, which immediate corrective action can be studied?
- What does such action involve?
- Is this all readily available?
- Are decision makers willing and in a position to allocate these resources?
Bandura. A (1997). Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. New York: Freeman.
Berko, R. M. , Wolvin, A. D. & Wolvin, D. R. 2010:9-12. Communicating. 11th edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
Golding, L. & Gray, I. (2006). Continuing professional development for clinical psychologists: A practical handbook. The British Psychological Society. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing
Jasper, M. (2006). Professional development, reflection, and decision-making. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing.
Levi, D (2010) Group Dynamics for Teams, Business and Economics; Sage Publishers
Murphy-Latta, T (2008). A Comparative Study of Professional Development Utilizing the Missouri Commissioner's Award of Excellence and Indicators of Student Achievement. ProQuest. p. 19.
Speck, M. & Knipe, C. (2005) Why can't we get it right? Designing high-quality professional development for standards-based schools (2nd Ed. ). Thousand Oaks: Corwin Press.
Whetten, D. A. and Camerom, K. S. (2005), Developing Management Skills, New Jersey.