The purpose of this statement is to look for the reason behind the decline in sales at Fischer & Holmes and also to recommend possible solutions to the common problems.
This report is response to the declining sales of the previous 8 weeks. By compiling data collected from psychological checks performed by sales staff over the same periods before 4 years and assessing this with the sales numbers of the respected periods, we've come up a graph shown in appendix 1. The graph shows a direct connection with the morale of the sales personnel and the decline in sales. The drop in morale appears to have began when F&H underwent company-wide restructuring this past year. This restructuring led to untrained sales people gaining campaign to sales supervisor.
- Discuss and analyze each problem singularly: How and why the precise problems have occurred.
- Recommendations may also be discussed independently per problem: What will recommend must be achieved to rectify the condition.
- Take notice of the work area and how personnel interact with one another.
- Examine all personnel records and work histories of sales personnel.
- Do interviews and psychological assessments with sales workers.
The problems we have experienced include poor downward communication in general from sales professionals to agents and also poor downward communication by managers during team meetings.
From the collection of data we, as a company, hypothesize that the advertising of these professionals without appropriate management skills and training has led to too little concern and care for their subordinates. Further to the, it's been discovered that professionals are mainly using fear to create desired sales. This becomes obvious in team conferences, where in fact the manager's clear insufficient managerial competence becomes apparent through the providers forcefulness towards sales staff so that they can make more sales. Psychological data gathered implies that sales agent's morale is at their least expensive after team meetings. We further theorize that overall bad attitude of several sales professionals has resulted in lack of inspiration and increase of absenteeism amongst the sales people; which has resulted in their dismal shows.
We have think of a number of answers to combat these place of work problems and have compiled them in a list the following:
- Do an in-depth evaluation of the sales managers' current skills to find out their managerial characteristics and ability to lead a sales team.
- We Recommend that those found fit will go through individual coaching by People Bridge and the ones found unfit will sign up for a comprehensive management skills training workshop and can also undergo individual coaching.
- Conduct meeting facilitation workshop focusing on creating plans and motivation of the sales team.
- Have a "People Bridge expert sit in through the first few sales team meetings as a follow-up step.
- All sales managers will undertake communication skills workshop.
- Have all professionals join Toastmasters Night clubs in their area as a follow-up on communication skills training.
Another main problem we have came across is the poor upwards communication by sales agents who've not been submitting their sales reviews with their sales managers as well as the poor upward communication by sales managers in submitting "guesswork reports to higher management.
From conducting this exploration, People Bridge hasfound that sales professionals don't have concern for the value of the info provided in their agent's sales records. We have witnessed that sales managers rarely require their realtors to submit their reports. In a very study conducted on the sales agents, we found that 89% of the agencies didn't know the correct format of a sales report and that 76% didn't know that these were required to post a sales record. We have also observed that F&H does not start using a contact learning resource management (CRM) system. YOU WILL NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT A CRM IS AND WHAT IT DOES!!!
We further theorize that sales professionals will often post "guesswork reports to raised management. That is due sales managers inability to recognize sales reports off their agents and for that reason go to higher management for support. Inside a related study, 100% of the sales professionals submit their reviews but the obviously wrong information submitted by the sales professionals may have led management to misread the market and come up with ineffective ways of augment company sales.
People Bridge has come up with several solutions have been found to repair these problems. These include:
- Employing a free web-based CRM and make it compulsory for the sales force to make use of.
- Coach higher management on how to utilize the CRM to screen all sales activity. Using this method we desire to encourage the sales agents and managers to do their records.
- Conduct training to all necessary personnel how to utilize the CRM.
- Do refresher sales training for existing sales people focusing on the value of information.
- Carry out data examination training for sales professionals.
- Purchase permanent CRM if necessary.
Our recommendationspredominantly give attention to the sales managers and how to bring them up to the competency level F&H requires. Complementary trainings and coaching needs to be planned for higher management and the sales people in order to aid the activities for the sales managers and get the business back on track. We have divided the suggestions as follows:
- Analyse - Execute an in-depth research of the sales manager's managerial skills, confirming habits and attitudes to ascertain proper courses of activities.
- Trainings, Workshops and Training - This is to equip all necessary workers with proper skills, habits and attitudes to ensure every worker is equipped to perform their task.
- Software Program (CRM) - That is to make a quick, effective and easy reporting environment that higher management can utilize to monitor what transpires in the sales section.
It really is apparent that the primary problem is the inability of sales professionals to communicate and lead their groups. Therefore, it is important that we coach the sales professionals immediately and that the strategies of communications (CRM, meetings, etc. ) be used properly. Using this method, we will be able to regain your "lost earth in sales.