Posted at 04.10.2018
Today it is vital for food industry providers to matter about their degree of cleanliness as today s customer have grown to be more alarmed about risks allied with food. This report will identify the issues of health associated with various fast food restaurants, it will also highlight whether these problems of cleanliness in junk food restaurants impacts their sales, whether it changes the behaviour of customers and also a few of the alternatives that can enhance the hygiene degree of these fast food restaurants. In addition to this it also targets what consumer's desires federal government to do to improve hygiene of these outlets.
Analysis is manufactured on Track record Information of junk food Restaurants and problem of hygiene associated with them, which include use of allergic ingredients and lack of cleanliness of personnel, kitchens. Examples of hygiene issue that happened with one of the very most reputed junk food restaurant Kentucky Fried Poultry and other restaurants like Arby's, Sonic, and Jack in Box etc are shown.
Some of the Key results of Research Conducted show that incorrect hygiene does have an effect on the sales because it affects the behaviour of customer towards restaurants that are not following proper hygiene system. Example of restaurants like KFC, Hamburgers, and Fresh City etc receive whose sales were decrease because of poor hygiene. Furthermore some of the respondents gave decent solutions which can be adopted by junk food restaurants to improve their cleanliness level.
Table of Contents
No Particulars Site No
2 Research Method Used AND ITS OWN Limitation
3 Research Findings
4 Conclusions And Recommendations
5 Personal references And Appendix
Research Motivation and Problem Definition
Whether it is onion wedding rings or double mozzarella cheese burgers or variety of sandwiches fast food is growing at the speediest speed as compared to other food types. This is because it is acceptable in cost, quickly and easily available. Today junk food restaurants are also growing extremely fast in world, especially in cities. Some of the examples of biggest junk food restaurants are KFC, Subway, Mc Donald's, and Burger King Etc. But as today customers tend to be more troubled about their food basic safety, concern over fatness, food poisoning and BSE ('mad cow diseases'), the industry of fast food are forced to provide attention on the sanitation factor which includes food quality, cleanliness etc. Today more than 60 percent60 % of junk food restaurants have experts, which can be called as standard for judging their sanitation other than this numerous kinds of rules are putted into place by management, inspectors, the food and drug supervision etc, but nonetheless there are a few issues which come up regarding their hygiene and sanitation.
Problem of Using Allergic Ingredients
The most universal problem is the use of allergic ingredients in food making, but they don't communicate us which are they, some of examples are as follows;
A sausage burrito available at Mc Donald's contains severe chemicals and chemical preservatives in addition to its normal elements. Beyond these the hash browns are cooked properly with canine products. The pasteurised eggs used by Mc Donald's in breakfast have, citric acidity, monosodium phosphate and sodium acidity pyrophosphate which are used to maintain color. These were some issues about Mc Donald's, but there are usually more hygiene problems with other big junk food restaurants. In case there is Burger King, there are three salads to choose, these salads can be dressed up by putting their Ken's Extra fat Free Ranch which include titanium dioxide (an artificial shade) and also harmful ingredient like monosodium glutamate.
On the other end Subway which is considered as a healthiest sandwich centre in addition has some concern if the substances employed by them is known as, the condition with Subway is the fact that they don't really use Whole meals bread for his or her sandwiches, their breads is made up of Ammonium sulphate (a fertilizer) and azodicarbonamide which is totally restricted in UK, Australia because safeness executive has recognized that the intake of this might cause the situation of asthma, also most of meats of subway contains MSG and/or sodium nitrite. Even KFC, which is one of the biggest fast food Restaurants in addition has various problems about their elements, monosodium glutamate is put into the chicken breast gravy and grain. Today fries aren't made out of 100% potatoes, because the majority of the restaurants use iced fries, fries become discoloured if it's retained freezing for longer period of time, to avoid this sulphur dioxide is used to bleach the fries and give them fine white color. So these was all about the ingredients that these fast food restaurants adopt, there's also issues with their sanitation of the restaurants, cleanliness of their workers, of where food is been made.
Problem of lack of Cleanliness
The other most typical violation is the lack of cleanliness of employees as they could be employed on low salary, in some of the fast food restaurants staff do not clean their hands, there are no hand cleaning gel in their washrooms, a few of restaurants have poor food holding temperature and also undercooked meats, unclean counters, furniture and also the kitchen which can broaden bacteria that results in to food poisoning. This is turned out by the recent issue of KFC. KFC was fined '19000 pound after having a cockroach was found eating chips at one of the most reputed branch in Britain located at Leicester Square in west end street of London. It had been also read that during the inception the official also found rat, flies and dried out blood on the floor.
The other example is 'Arby's' one of the famous meat roast joint, the truth is dirty meat slices were bought at two different locations in US which resulted into sickness greater than 70 people. Same took place with Jack in Package, 12 ' yr woman was lapsed in coma after eating at the restaurant and $15. 6 million arrangement was awarded. Furthermore to these, Sonic comes on 3 among all restaurants following improper asepsis relating to NBC, healthinspection. com researched 7000 hygiene issue details on Sonic and amidst them one was a dark mildew founded on an onion band cover.
Objective of Record:
Thus the main objective of the survey is to discern the situation of hygiene connected with fast food restaurant, whether the hygiene degree of the junk food restaurants impacts the behaviour of the customers towards them and at last does this cleanliness level affects their sales, relating to the people what government must do to improve health of fast food restaurants. In addition to these, the article will also discover some of the solutions that may be used by these fast-food restaurants to advance their hygiene factor.
In past many experts attempted to make research around the problem of food hygiene and safeness, for example a research was created by Green Streets Berman how a restaurant can improve its health. While there was also another research created by the writer Denise M Rennie, Lecturer in environmentally friendly Health and Housing Department, College or university of Salford, Salford, UK. He suggested in his article that personnel should be trained to improve hygienic things in the food industry. He also described in his survey that training programs that are run more closely to the site of the task are more effective if they're reinforced by the reinforcement of hygiene subject matter.
The main aim of this statement was derived by these early on researches as they don't clarify that how improper hygiene of fast food restaurants impacts consumer behaviour and how this affects the sales.
Frame work of the Report
Research Methods and Their Limitation
There are two basic methods used to gather information
1. Secondary method.
2. Major method.
' Secondary data collection Method and its own Justification
In order to collect extra data Internet, Articles and various magazines are being used.
The reasons of using secondary method in order to handle research are as follows;
1. It is less time consuming and accessible; one can find information quickly.
2. Usually the cost to acquire information through extra data collection method is less.
' Main data collection Method and Its Justification
In order to acquire primary data, review is completed using QUESTIONAIRE.
The reasons for using questionnaire in order to handle most important research are as follows:
1. The response can be accumulated in a more effective way even more than interviews, because sometimes while taking interview one might forget to ask certain questions.
2. The response can be gathered from large proportion of individuals while in concentration teams or interviews you can get information only from certain number of people.
' Manual method is used to get outcome information after analysing data.
Sampling plan. ;
The criterion of this sampling plan will be as follow:
' People who often goes to junk food restaurants.
' Importance of hygiene of fast food restaurant to individual taking food from it.
' Some of the tips to be able to increase the hygiene degree of the restaurants.
' Test size used 50.
' Total approximated time used to complete report will be 7 weeks
Activities Week1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7
Identifying problem -----
Primary data collection
Secondary data collection
Limitations of the study Method Used;
In circumstance of Secondary method data is accumulated from various Articles, publications, newspapers etc are being used. Various limitations related to this method are as follows;
1. The info available from supplementary data were quite vague.
2. The writer of extra data might be biased.
3. The test worn to accumulate secondary data may be small.
The organisation or company who accumulated secondary may well not be reputable
In major method Questionnaire is utilized to accumulate data. There are many limitations linked with Questionnaire. Some of them are the following;
1. One major disadvantaged of statement is difference in response. Different specific gives different reactions. So it was complicated to generalise the info.
2. It is frustrating method and costly, as it takes more time to find those who can provide their time and energy to load questionnaire. It costs more to print questionnaire.
3. Some response might have given incorrect information in a hurry to fill up questionnaire.
4. Some responses given by respondent were imperfect.
The Reason for the research was to learn whether hygiene level of fast food restaurants influences their sales, whether it affects the behaviour of consumer on the restaurants, regarding to civic, what steps should government take to enhance the sanitation and some of the improvement that can be adopted by Junk food restaurants outlets. Results point out that, hygiene is the most crucial atlanta divorce attorneys food especially in fast food which is not regarded as healthy as other food. After making analysis, about the views of cleanliness of people it could be understood that people do considered hygiene as an important issue in junk food restaurants, it do have an effect on their behavior about the restaurant which is not following proper hygiene altitude and at last if this restaurants aren't having cleanliness level up to what people desires, it'll decrease their sales. This can be proved by following findings:
1. More than one out of two gave importance to hygiene factor of junk food restaurants. Research shows that in hygiene factor people first share with importance to the sanitation of the employees who are preparing the food. In addition to these, Folks are also concerned about your kitchen where food is ready. Apart from this People give importance to the materials which are being used to prepare food, handling, storage space etc. while other 2 % of people provided more importance to tastes than health.
2. The analysis examines, that hygiene altitude of fast food restaurants do impacts the behaviour of customer towards it, one of the example was presented with by an example about a pizza put in place Greece, the pizza manufacturer combined six types of sperm inside the pizza which created medical problem to the people who eat that, people quit heading at pizza place and at last the area was turn off. [Referred TO Questionnaire in Appendix]. In addition to these as stated in the 3rd point, it just happened to KFC. Same was within case of pizza hut, about 28 % of total random people said that they ceased going to the area because they consider the sanitation of the eatery was not sufficient, that led those to choose other chophouse.
3. (1. 1) Kentucky Fried Rooster better known as KFC among the best fast food restaurant faced reduction in sales and also slight difference in the points of hygiene level given by people after the issue of grubby kitchen and floor, that happened in another of the its branch at Leicester Square in London. The sales of KFC as shown in shape 1. 3 (Appendix) had gone down by 4 % by the end of third 1 / 4 of September 6 2009, it s worldwide sales was $9843 which reduced to $9413 in 2009 2009, 5300 unit chain confronted an operating damage and there is also loss of 4 details in health level given by people following the issue of cleanliness problem, that means addititionally there is decrease in people who wish to eat food of KFC, which ultimately shows there is decrease in frequency of men and women in KFC because of change in their behaviour about KFC s cleanliness. So in order to change the idea they organised a health advertising campaign called 'Fresh Preferences Best' it was a TV campaign.
(1. 2)Another example is closure of North Andover Franchise of Fresh City one of the famous restaurants for salads, after four year establishment, local media commented that the closure of Fresh city was because of insufficient cleanliness and violation created by health panel.
(1. 3)Other than this Mc Donald's also took its 169 franchises because they were not carrying out well and their sales were constantly going down, the reasons were lack of satisfaction of customers and this was because of lack of cleanliness and inappropriate quality of product.
(1. 4)Other example is of famous Hamburger, the sales of hamburger cut down because of lack of cleanliness.
4. According to amount 1. 4 (Appendix) 50 % of individuals think that federal should increase fine to increase the hygiene in fast food restaurants, while other 20 % of people that federal government should force who owns the restaurant to close it, if it is following improper health. Other 17 % of respondents said that government should pressure the fast food restaurants to organise compulsory workout sessions for staff, to boost sanitation degree of restaurants. Slumber 13 % of respondents alleged that administrative should raise the rate of recurrence of health officials visiting all junk food restaurants to know, if they are following proper hygiene altitude.
While in case there is improvement in health stage of junk food restaurants, there are variety of recommendations given by respondents, some of them are as follows,
' Recommendations distributed by samples
1. 1 / 3 of total test indicated that the junk food restaurants should clean their flooring regularly and kitchen regularly.
2. About 10 % people said staff should get more training in regardless to clean their hands before and after making food plus they must have at least one independent sink for cleaning hands only or they should wear plastic material gloves while planning food, they have to keep their hands from nose, scalp, ears all time and really should use new gloves with new order. Furthermore to these employees should wear cap while making food.
3. One particular suggested to change the safe-keeping system of restaurants, they suggested to keep independent storage for each food so the threat of cross-contamination that leads bacterial disease such as Salmonella can be focused, additionally all iced food must be stored 5 level Celsius.
4. About 10 % people recommended that the restaurants should recruit more people in regardless with cleaning.
5. Couple of people recommended, the restaurant that is not pursuing proper scepticism should follow other restaurant that is following proper health and make an effort to execute it.
6. Some individuals indicated that restaurant should make all food in front of us
And also they can advance the junk food by putting some more fruits in it.
-After making above analysis following bottom line can be produced;
These days, the situation of health in fast restaurants have increased, which includes several problems like lack of sanitation especially in kitchen, various damaging chemical mixed substances, soiled employees working there, uncooked food etc. And all big reputed restaurants like KFC, MC Donald's, Subway, and Pizza Hut etc were spotted for following incorrect sanitary level. The real reason for this careless attitude might be to lessen the price tag on getting pure ingredients or laziness of employees to maintain proper asepticism or insufficient knowing of local manager. But today as people have became extra apprehensive to the peril associated with fast food and as improper cleanliness of the restaurant do impact their behavior towards the meals outlet, it's very necessary for the restaurant to give focus on their hygiene if not than it will be considered a time when no one will go to eat at junk food restaurants.
Some of the top restaurants like KFC, Mc Donald s, Fresh City etc started demonstrating out these picture as there was huge reduction in sales in KFC after it was found following improper cleanliness, many franchisee of Mc Donald's and famous restaurant Fresh City were closed down because of same reasons. In addition to this federal government should become tighter towards those who find themselves not following suited sanitation by use new guidelines and regulation
Figure 1. 1.
' Referred to lack of sanitation of Kitchen (Benefits)
Figure 1. 2
' Referred to exemplory case of KFC given in [Launch]
Figure 1. 3
' Referred to diminish in sales of KFC scheduled improper sanitation
' Referred To Major steps administration Should take to improve Hygiene In JUNK FOOD Restaurant
Survey about the value of Hygiene Element in JUNK FOOD Restaurant.
Q. 1: What's your gender?
Q. 2: Where age group would you fall in?
o 11 -18
o 33 or Older
Q. 3: How often would you visit junk food restaurant?
o Once a week
o Once a month
Q. 5: Up to what level do you take into account hygiene in fast food as a essential aspect?
o Not 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Very
So important Important
Q. 6: Do you think hygienic factor is important at the fast food Restaurants?
o Not 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Very
So important Important
Q. 4: Which is your favourite fast food restaurant?
o Burger king
o Other '''''''''.
Q. 7: Up to what extent do you consider your favourite fast food restaurant preserves the hygienic level?
o Very good
o Very bad
Q: 7 In case your favourite fast electric outlet is not up to the hygiene level that you'd like to be, in that case your behaviour towards it will change?
Q. 8 Are you aware about the hygiene issue of KFC that occurred at Leicester Square in London?
Q. 9 How many factors you think you would be giving to hygiene degree of KFC prior to the sanitation concern?
Q. 10. Just how many points you think you'll share with hygiene level of KFC once you heard about the issue?
o / 10
Q. 12: what do you consider government should do in order to improve hygiene of junk food restaurants?
Q. 13: Regarding to you, what your favourite fast food restaurant must do to be able to enhance their hygienic altitude (level) they has in present?