This report is approximately your client server network structures where each computer or process on the network is the client which is low end computer which ask for services and or a server which is high end powerful computer which is highly capable of providing services to numerous different clients at the same time. The task which servers performs are like controlling disk drives which can be called file servers, managing printers which can be called print machines or taking care of network data traffic known as network server. Clients are PCs which require or use these facilities from machines which include writing files, printers, storage area and sometimes control. All of the clients and machines in a network communicate by using different protocols that happen to be set of rules or standards which govern the communication between any computers or devices linked in a network. This client server architecture is also called two-tier architecture. (1)
The advent of personal computers gave delivery to the thought of client/server architecture. Before personal computers, programs were written for mainframes. Software written for mainframes was often coded in a monolithic format this is the interface, business reasoning and data gain access to functionality are all contained in a single application. Because the whole software ran within the mainframe this was no problem. (2)
Client/server model, had a need to discuss many kind of services. As time transferred the need of these services increased so machines also improved. Many clients began posting services of common server. Example can be of our browser which really is a client and requests services from web server like web pages or files. That is sometime also knows as Hyper Content material Copy Protocol server (HTTP) also for computer to make requests like a customer Copy Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then for transfer of files over internet Data file Copy Protocol (FTP). Protocols are set of rules or standard whatever governs the communication of two or more nodes in a network. (3)
The marriage between two computer programs in which one program makes a request and other which provide the required service is named a client/server relationship. It really is a backbone of interconnection of several programs or personal computers anywhere over the network. Example could be an ATM machine where we send request for balance check or money drawback and through this machine which is like a client and bank or investment company has supercomputers which operates as servers and the transfer are handled by them and result is repaid to your client to display in front of user. (4)
Client Server Structures has two common architectural models. The two tier and the three tier structures. In two tier architecture the application will be on the server instead of client because server has more disk space and vitality as compare to Personal computer also the info will also be in server combined with the application. In three-tier structures the strain is divided between two different machines instead of putting load using one and jamming other clients. These servers are data source server and software server. The info and program are divided between these machines. Customer would only obtain and display data. Within this tier more workable and less contention system for resources will be available because each server will be used either to process data or software requests. (6)
In modern world because of rapid changes in customer requirements and increasing amount on daily basis of users sharing data included in this the needs of faster and better network system growing greatly companies are bound to update their system every half a year. Now Hures is also facing same problems. This is very common problem in any company because of the speedy development of business systems to accommodate these problems any company should keep this in mind while producing new system is that they may need to upgrade very soon. Hures analyst did not plan the future scenarios properly and because that even inner and exterior environment is affecting the company.
- The business is damaged by many changes like politics, social and technological. Client/Server technology is often introduced for versatility of dealing with these changes. Nonetheless it comes with its obstacles which we will discuss here.
- Client/Server is made on three basic building block they are client which is a small or less ready hardware or software then middleware which is a software which lies in between and server better then customer.
- The first block client works different applications on its operating-system which provides visual interface. Clients could have web browser for example as a credit card applicatoin asking for services now operating system transfers these submission to the middleware. Client also works a DSM (Distributed System Management) it could be simple aspect to the whole front-end managing request.
- Middleware is request which includes three categories: transportation stack, network operating system (NOS) and server-specific middleware. It operates on both consumer and the server. It also have DSM like clients and is also the backbone of customer/server structures.
- Server is typically wise software or hardware it operates some software to make an interface with middleware. Server consists of five main components SQL databases, TP Monitors, groupware, subject and the web. Server also has DSM in it which is often a straightforward agent or entire back-end of the system. The Distributed System Management request runs on every node in the Customer/Server network.
- The additional server like email could be used depending on size and usage of the network. Hures may possibly also use similar Operating-system in all workstations it also performs very important part in Customer/Server. Same OS on all sides in network can reduce a whole lot of problems and it'll increase server efficiency and will cause less stress on machines.
- The Alternative structures which could defeat Hures problem can be consumer queue consumer or a different one called peer to peer architecture. Client queue client Architecture is also known as passive queue Architecture.
- In Consumer queue consumer all things including servers are simple clients. It was developed to keep on traditional Client Server Architecture. In such a they were trying to make one client as a server for different clients to multiply the consumption for clients. Hures could benefit from this keep tabs on and order range of clients for better efficiency also you will see better resources syndication and posting. Example is internet search engine which uses spidering for faster and better results.
- Peer-to-Peer Architecture rather than focusing on power of server it distinguishes itself by distributing electric power and function. It depends totally on bandwidth and vitality of different nodes in the network. This architecture goes against prior client server structures where there is one central server it replaces it with nodes which function as clients and machines simultaneously. Hures could use this architecture because because of its encapsulation it creates it simpler to repair or up grade without clients being influenced and it's better and easy to keep up.
- Intranet is one of the oldest and safest method for any company to own communication among themselves. It works just like website on internet. It gives you options to log ons to access only authorize data in your level in company. A lot of the firms use intranet for writing important data one of the employees. Intranet is a kind of network which is made by using same tools and protocols employed by internet or World Wide Web (WWW) but is merely restricted to the network of the company only. It uses same HTML, Java and CSS and provide same database to store data within network server. Security features are completely customizable so it's your inclination whether you want to improve password every 30 day or to established different convenience for staff depending their post and work in the company. Any outside the house person trying to access company documents will be blocked by firewalls.
- The Benefits of this inner network is the fact inside employees can do very important info interchange extremely swift and secure. It creates the data posting far better, easier and effective manner. It can even be used for inner applications such as updates, policy manuals, and price list etc. It can also collect information related to charge and programs that will help to transact application. As it is an exclusive place on internet it's safer and secured because only specialist can access the web site.
- The Disadvantages of this intranet to be looked at would be like firstly it is very expensive to setup and maintain because a special team of people have to be chosen and trained for handling the procedure of managing resources of this particular company and organizing them in the web site. This process may also be very frustrating to develop as well as the number of specific users would have to be looked at in the entire budget for planning, designing, implementing. Also to maintain the quality, tests and maintenance must be done by any means time. Definitely once complete site is developed now each end user in company needs to be trained also how to use and setup your passwords that will also have an effect on overall budget.
- It is very true that the attractiveness of intranet software and the internet pose dangers towards traditional customer/server system because intranet software have more advantages when compared with peer to peer or client/server architectures. It requires the most good thing about networking technology in the business world and since it enables us to consider full use of wireless and internet technology at exactly the same time it's the most flexible soundest and provides more privacy when compared with made available from traditional client/server system. Because of this it is the most popular choice among many companies. Nonetheless it is also very important to keep in consideration that even though intranet is typically the most popular and effectively used and accepted worldwide, there are still parts in the machine or particular company which needs to use traditional customer server system. So far as security is considered there are always dangers to any available network system. To lessen the chance of infiltration from outside the house options proper monitoring of network on continues level is seriously needed. The main facet of any company/company ought to be the network security. Cctv could be installed in various places to remotely keep an eye on all the actions of users within any office and no one should be permitted to use their connect n play devices to anybody workstation. Maintaining the network integrity should be of the best priority and may reduce the unplanned injuries to income but again the price of doing each one of these strategies will be substantive.